What’s your favorite project that’s just waiting to be completed? Is it a home décor project or a scrapbooking one? Are you working on garment sewing or quilting? Regardless of which type of sewing project you’ve got going, you won’t get the best results possible without the best machine with the features and options you need. The Janome DC2012 Décor Computerized sewing machine puts the features you need at your fingertips to get your project done, and more.
Your sewing is only as good as the stitch quality of your work. It doesn’t matter what you’re sewing, you want your stitches to be uniform and consistent. To obtain that, you have to have smooth thread flow and a bobbin that won’t jam. That’s where the Janome DC2012 comes to the rescue. The Janome’s Superior Feed System (SFS) can make it a reality. We’ve combined a seven-piece feed dog that works in tandem with a jam-proof rotary hook to give you perfect results. Add to that automatic tension control and unsurpassed foot pressure, and you’ve got perfect control that can’t help but end in beautiful results.
Any job that needs precision, from the very edge of your fabric to the many layers of a quilting project, the SFS can handle the job with professional results.
Those shortcut buttons are a hit on any sewing system. The Janome DC2012 lets you keep your hands and eyes focused on your project by placing the handy shortcut buttons conveniently above the needle. The Memorized needle up and down, the locking stitch and the reverse stitch button are there on the front of the machine so you can make your changes without stopping your work.
The Janome DC2012 comes with a wide selection of accessories to simplify your sewing experience and keep your machine in prime working order. You get a set of bobbins that you can fill and a set of needles to get you going. There’s a variety of different feet, including a satin stitch, zipper, automatic buttonhole, overage foot and blind hem foot. There’s a seam ripper and a lint brush. A screwdriver especially sized to fit the screws in the machine is there should you need it. Your accessories include a quilter bar and a foot control. Included is an additional spool pin, along with spool pin felt, spool stand, and a large and a small spool holder. The power cord is included along with the owner’s manual.
The specifications included in the Janome DC2012 are almost too numerous to list. Some of the major highlights of the DC2012 are:
- 50 different stitch patterns
- An LED 2 digit stitch pattern indicator
- Adjustable stitch width and length
- One-step, 3 style buttonhole system that works off automatic sensor
- Needle threader is built-in and includes one hand thread cutter
- Snap on feet attachments
- Electronic foot control
- Bobbin covered with a see-through cover plate that includes a one touch release button
- 15 different needle positions
If you’re looking for professional results from a sewing machine that won’t break your budget, the Janome DC2012 Décor Computerized sewing machine may be just the thing you’re looking for. To help you make that decision, we’re including a list of pros and cons to help you out:
- The DC2012 is quiet; in fact, it has been described as “noiseless”
- The ease of selecting a stitch.
- The automatic needle threader saves time.
- Handles thick fabrics and layers of fabrics easily.
- The top-loading bobbin is easy to remove and replace.
- Automatic backstitching helps prevent stitches from unraveling, at the beginning and the end of each seam.
- The slider Speed Control and the automatic thread cutter are favorites with owners.
- The instruction manual walks you through each stitch, including which foot and what setting to use for each stitch.
- Cost can be prohibitive for some.
- Some more experienced customers may be disappointed with the selection of available stitches.
You can find cheaper sewing machines that will accomplish some things in a similar fashion as this Janome DC2012 Décor Computerized sewing machine. But the extensive features and exceptional craftsmanship of this particular Janome model makes it well worth the price paid for it. It should be considered more than just a sewing machine; it is an investment.